February 9, 2011

Sausage and Pasta Toss


This pasta recipe is so incredibly easy to make and very flavorful to boot. I created this toss because I wanted to get more vegetables into my kiddies...can you believe there is a full 11 ounces of spinach in the recipe? The first time I made this my 6 year old son who is the "King Of Macaroni and Cheese", was ready to give up his throne for this dish. The ingredients are both simple and inexpensive...one of my favorite combinations!

Ingredients:

1 lb. of sweet Italian sausage
3 cloves of garlic minced
1 medium onion chopped
14 1/2 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 c. chicken broth
1/2 c fresh basil chopped or 2 T dried basil
11 oz pkg. of fresh spinach
2/3 box of penne or rotini
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Method:

Remove sausage from their casings (optional) and saute in 2 T of olive oil (I always use extra virgin) breaking up the meat as it cooks. Add the onion and the garlic and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juice along with the broth and basil.

In the meantime bring salted water to boil and add pasta cooking it until it's al dente.
Add the spinach to the sausage mixture and let wilt. Add cooked pasta and toss with the grated Parmesan. Serve immediately.

Serves 6
XO

Linking up to link parties at these blogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip Advisor