February 10, 2011

Restaraunt Review

Villaggio Italian Restaurant
5861 Old York Road, PA
18931
(215) 794-2777

I had lunch today with one of my oldest and dearest friends at a favorite BYOB spot in beautiful Bucks County Pennsylvania.

This restaurant possesses a warm earth spun Tuscan decor with an open style kitchen. The Mat're D and wait staff were par excellance!

Today I went off of my normal course and tried one of the day's specials, a cheese stuffed ravioli in a lovely pink sauce. (photo) I wanted to compare Villaggio's rendition to that of The Junction's I had last Friday evening. And Villaggio's was wonderful, extremely flavorful, and at a nice $3 less for the plate. There wasn't as much food on my plate as I had at The Junction, but it was so good, and to be honest I am more a fan of quality than quantity!

My lunch companion, Christina, enjoyed a baby arugula salad with tomato brushetta, shaved parmigiano cheese with vinaigrette follow by one of her favorites gnocchi in a Gorgonzola cream sauce. I did have a taste of her salad and it was simply delicious. Portions are very fair at Villaggio and the prices reflect the quality of the food.

It was certainly worth the 40 minute ride from my home in central New Jersey, both to see Christina and to dine at Villaggio Italian Restaurant!

Rating **** out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip Advisor