April 9, 2013

School Cafeteria Sugar Cookies


This cookie recipe is the one both my grade school and high school cafeterias use to make, yes way back in the olden days!!! Whenever I smell the amazing aroma of these wonderful little cookies baking, I am transported immediately back to my carefree school days. And these cookies couldn't be any easier to make, just 5 simple ingredients are needed. This recipe yields 48 cookies.

The 5 super simple ingredients are...

1 lb. butter (or 4 sticks), softened
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. of good vanilla
3 2/3 cups of all-purpose flour

What you will need to do...

Cream together all ingredients and using a tablespoon, drop onto un-greased cookie sheet. Make sure there is plenty of space between your cookies because they do spread out while baking. Bake at 350 degrees until the edges become golden brown, about 11-14 minutes. And that's it! Remove cookies from the pan and let cool on wire rack.

It's just too incredibly easy to make these scrumptious confections!

Trust me when I say that they are the best sugar cookies ever...and how could they not be with a pound of butter in them right?

Have a great Day!!!

XO
Sharing this post at link parties over at these super blogs...

smaller

4 comments:

  1. Barbara, I love sugar cookies, and these really do sound like "The Best"!! I was so happy to see a quote by Graham Kerr in your sidebar- I grew up watching, him, too, and adored him. I don't think I've ever met anyone else who even knew who he was! :)

    Thanks for a fun trip down memory lane! I am now following you on Google+.

    Joy @ Yesterfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara,
    What a lovely presentation for your awesome sugar cookies! Thank you very much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a simple cookie. But simplicity is sometimes better than the intricate.

    I'd like to invite you to join my monthly round up Pantry Party also. This month's theme is cookies and these look lovely. I'd love if you entered these cookies or another cookie to the round up! http://lawstudentscookbook.wordpress.com/2013/03/31/pantry-party-april-2013-announcement/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too remember Graham Kerr and his shows as he took healthy sips of wine while cooking..

    ReplyDelete

Trip Advisor