August 12, 2013

Watermelon Lemonade!


Now what do you get when you cross some bright tart lemons


with some sweet and cool watermelon?


Why you get watermelon lemonade of course!!!



Ingredients for this super cool and refreshing lemonade.

3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 cups cold water
4 cups of watermelon, cubed
lots of ice cubes

Heat 3/4 cup of water with the 3/4 cup of sugar, cook until sugar is completely dissolved in the water, about 3-5 minutes. Add the 2 cups of cold water and set aside.

Puree the watermelon in blender until smooth. Strain the liquid through strainer.  Fill glasses with ice and spoon about 3-4 teaspoons of watermelon on top of the ice. Pour the lemon mixture over the ice and serve. 

(If you want to enjoy this as a big girl drink add 2 oz. of vodka or a spiced rum to each glass.)

Makes approximately 6 cups.  


This recipe was adapted from allrecipes.com

Sharing this post at link parties over at these fabulous blogs...

12 comments:

  1. This sounds like something we'd like. Makes a pretty drink, too.
    Over from Eliz. & Co.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am linking to follow you on bloglovin and Google Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so cool and refreshing! What a great summer drink idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yumm! looks tasty! I think I'll have to try this now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks and sounds so refreshing! What a great summer drink! I'd love for you to link this up to our All Things Thursday Blog Hop that goes live at 8pm Central tonight. Hope to see you there!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds absolutely delicious and refreshing...yum! This would be great to link up to Create It Thursday #15…it's live now. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried to make a drink with watermelon earlier in the summer... It was all mushy and awful! Silly me, I should have strained it! This lemona looks absolutely delicious and I must pin it. My melon crazy husband would love it :)
    ~April @DimplesandDelights (visiting from StoneGable)

    ReplyDelete
  8. G'day HOW refreshing does this look, true!
    Love the staging of your photo and wish I could taste this now too!
    Cheers! Joanne; now on FB too!
    Viewed as part of Foodie Friends Friday Party

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find that when I scoop out a watermelon, there is a huge amount of liquid that accumulates. I save it in the refridgeratorfor drinks. Nothing is more refreshing. Bet I could use it in this lemonade. Sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Barbara, These sound refreshing and look beautiful! I hear the coming week will be warm...perfect remedy for the summer heat! Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vodka? Yes please. :D Looks wonderful for a hot summer evening. Thanks for sharing on BeColorful.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello. :) I made this couple of days back and it was amazing. Thank you for sharing.
    Here's my post: https://thenotsocreativecook.wordpress.com/2015/07/24/watermelon-lemonade/

    ReplyDelete

Trip Advisor