July 10, 2013

Delicious Blueberry and Lemon Cheesecake Squares


You know those little paperback recipe books you always see at the checkout line of the supermarket? Well I am a sucker for them, especially if I have to wait any time for my order to be rung through.

So yesterday I hit the food store after dropping Michael off at summer rec and yes...I just had to pick one of those little books up...it had been awhile since I broke down and bought one anyway. The book I grabbed for a mere $4.99 was Betty Crocker's ...cobbler pies & more. Oooh and did I have fun flipping though those pages. The first recipe I decided to make was this fabulous looking Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Squares. The recipe was actually from a blog called Inspired Taste.


This is a very simple recipe to execute and the taste of these little treats is fantastic.

Ingredients:

For the Crust
9 graham cracker rectangles
2 T sugar
2 T lemon peel
1/4 butter melted

For the Filling
2 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 T lemon peel
juice from one lemon
1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries

For the Topping
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
6 T unsalted butter, cold




Heat oven to 325 degrees F and spray an 8 or 9 inch square baking with cooking spray.

In blender or food processor pulse together the cracker, sugar and lemon peel  until crumbs form. Add the melted butter and blend until it is mixed in well. Press this mixture into the bottom of your pan and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then let cool for about 10 more minutes.

Clean out your blender or food processor and add the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, the eggs, 2 tablespoon of the lemon juice and the lemon peel.  Blend until the filling is nice and smooth then pour over the cooled crust and top with the blueberries.

Finally, in a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar and flour then cut the cold butter into the two ingredients until the entire mixture resembles crumbs. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over top the filling and bake in the oven set at 325 degrees F for about 40 minutes. (The center should slightly jiggle when done baking.) Remove from oven and let cool for on cooling rack for about an hour and then chill in the refrigerator. Cut 3 rows by 3 rows to yield 9 squares. Store covered in the frig.





Enjoy!!!
XO

Sharing at these blog link parties...


BLUEBERRY AND LEMON CHEESECAKE SQUARES

13 comments:

  1. What a delicious combination...it almost looks healthy! lol! Definitely going to try it. I used to have a ton of those little books, the Christmas ones are my favorite!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum oh yum. And so pretty too!!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum...I love blueberry and lemon together! This would be perfect for my Create It Thursday link-up...it's live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/07/create-it-thursday-10-plus-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these, easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Barbara, I just came over from Foodie Fridays. These cheesecake squares look beautiful and I bet they taste delicious. A perfect summer recipe...cannot get enough of those sweet blueberries. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these cheesecake squares look amazing! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so delicious! The cheesecake filling looks amazing! What a great dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, they look amazing! Did you save me one? HA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect summer recipe! Thanks so much for sharing it with us, it was a feature this week. Please stop by and grab a featured button!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks absolutely amazing! I want to make some now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! I am drooling on my keyboard! Fax me a piece of this!

    I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party, there is still time TO ADD THIS POST.. if you haven't already this week. Your favorite posts, most popular, recent or new! The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight. Followed by (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/.

    I would be honored if you join us and follow to stay connected Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so delicious!!! I love that it has the lemon and fresh blueberries together.
    Sharing this :)
    New follower via " Not So Wordless Wednesday".
    Bismah @
    http://simplemamaathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUM! I make a blueberry lemon cupcake that is to die for. Love the combination!

    ReplyDelete

Trip Advisor