May 3, 2013

Grilled Turkey and Goat Cheese Sandwich



When I was a kid, my one friend Debbie and myself practically lived on grilled cheese sandwiches made with Velveeta cheese. We would be in her kitchen almost everyday during the summer months grilling up our favorite lunch. Now that I am all grown up, I thought  why not make a sandwich using one of the many different types of cheeses we not have at our finger tips in the local grocery store.


This sandwich is made using goat cheese on whole wheat bread. Sprinkle one slice of bread with goat cheese and the other with blueberry preserves. 


Add the roasted turkey to the top of the cheese and place in frying pan sprayed with cooking spray. Grill the bread open-faced style until the bread is golden brown and the cheese becomes some what melted.




Remove the bread from pan and place fresh basil leaves on top if the preserves, then put the sandwich together and return to pan and grill for about 30 seconds on each side.


I just finished making this sandwich as Michael walked through from school. He asked for a snack so I handed the grilled delight to him...he loved it! Maybe this grilled cheese is not just for grown ups after all!

Enjoy!!!

This recipe was inspired by the blog Grilled Cheese Social

Sharing at these link parties...

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Need to get the ingredients I'm missing and make one this weekend! Love the addition of blueberry jam. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some grilled cheese sandwich. Looks delicious. Thanks so much for joining us at the Let's Get Social Sunday linky party. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love making all kinds of grilled cheese sandwiches! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Trip Advisor