April 19, 2013

White Bean and Roasted Garlic Hummus


I love all types of hummus and just recently I was over a friend's house for a jewelry demonstration, (Yes I did get a little bauble for mother's day) and she was serving this beautiful white bean hummus from a local gourmet shop. So of course knowing me as you may, I had to do a little research on the old net looking for a white bean recipe I'd like to try. 

I found this recipe over at the blog SavorySimple, only the recipe there called for Tahini which I did not have in the house. No worries...I made the hummus without it and it came out just yummy. The ingredients are pretty simple, all you need is a can of cannelloni beans, one whole bulb of garlic, olive oil, water, juice from one lemon and some salt and pepper. 

  • 1 whole bulb garlic
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 15.5 ounce can cannelloni beans
  • ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1/4 cup water
  • Sea salt and pepper to taste
  • If you want to add the tahini you will need 1/2 cup.

Slice off the top of the garlic bulb so that all the garlic cloves are visible. Place bulb in a small oven proof bowl like a ramekin, pour a little drizzle of olive oil over the top and season with salt. Place in an oven set at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes, remove from oven and let cool. Once cool squeeze the garlic out of their skins into a small bowl and mash with a spoon.

Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. 



I like this served with a mild black bean chip or with some fresh veggies! 

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
XO

Linking up to parties at these super blogs...

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday Garlic Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic recipe! We love hummus but I've never tried with white beans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used white beans instead of garbanzo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hummus! Why have I never made it from scratch?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You've been featured at Time To Sparkle! Thanks for sharing with us! http://www.thegunnysack.com/2013/04/time-to-sparkle-tuesday-link-party-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum...I've made hummus before, but this looks way better! Newest follower!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've made hummus before but always with tahini-I'm so pleased to know that you can make it without tahini because I never seem to have any in the house! Thanks for sharing this! I'm pinning this recipe right now.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    PS I'd be thrilled if you could share this yummy post at my weekly Say G'Day linky party. Hope you can stop by and say g'day!
    http://www.natashainoz.com/2013/04/saygdaysaturday-linky-party-65-and.html

    ReplyDelete

Trip Advisor