April 25, 2013

Fresh and Zesty Salsa


Today was take your kids to work day so my sweet hubster was gone all day with our two kiddies. And it was a beautiful spring day here to boot. So mama got her laundry done and did a little gardening. Boy I cannot wait until we are harvesting our own vegetable garden of tomatoes and peppers, but until then I will have to settle for the store bought variety of veggies. 

I was hankering for some fresh salsa, maybe because Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner, so I whipped up my salsa in just a few minutes.

3 medium tomatoes
1 medium red onion
1 medium green pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup cilantro chopped
1/2 of one jalapeno pepper
1 tsp. ground cumin
2-3 T. lime juice
salt ans pepper to taste


Combine all ingredients and let set in the frig for one hour, serve with blue corn tortilla chips
XO

Linking up to parties at these super blogs...

1 comment:

  1. My daughter makes the best salsa but refuses to give me the recipe!!! So now I have my own! She does add cubes of avocado to hers, I might add that. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Trip Advisor