March 6, 2013

Leprechaun's Hat Centerpiece


Here we are now at the beginning of March and of course since Mr. Rosemary Lane is 100% Irish, St Paddy's Day is a big deal around here. This year March 17th falls on a Sunday so we are planning a big Irish blowout! In celebration I decided to be a wee bit more prepared this year by creating a centerpiece for the party. This was believe it or not, very easy to make.

All you need is...

 a clay pot and base
 a little crafting paint in green and black
 floral foam
 small silver picture frame
 hot glue gun
 and some silk flowers
and a wee bit of green spanish moss

 I was lucky because Michael's craft store has all their floral on sale this week at 40% off!

Paint the base with green paint and the body of the pot to the raised rim, that will be painted black.

Next take the floral foam, which I bought in a shape and size to fit the bottom of the clay pot, and hot glue it onto the pot.

The silk flowers were then cut and poked into the floral foam. I kept the arrangement simple but full.

Finally, in order to hide any of the foam, I went ahead and hot glued some green Spanish moss to the foam...and that was it! It was actually much easier than I originally thought and I love the way it looks!

Happy St. Paddy's Day!!!


1 comment:

Trip Advisor