August 7, 2011

Fresh Cucumber Martini


I tried this for the first time while on vacation last week and fell in love with the flavor of this martini. It is very light and refreshing and much to my surprise, I was able to find the Cucumber Lime vodka at my local liquor store!

Ingredients:

1/3 cucumber peeled and with seeds removed
3 T Sugar syrup*
2 shots of Rain's Organic Cucumber Lime Vodka
The Juice of one lime
2 basil leaves, chopped
3 - 4 mint leaves, chopped

Method:
In blender combine all ingredients. Pour liquid through strainer into cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and pour into martini glass. Garnish with cucumber slices and a little of the chopped mint and basil.


* Sugar syrup is simply granulated sugar mixed with a small amount of water and then heated through. This is so the sugar is already dissolved and in a liquid form.

XO 

1 comment:

  1. Barbara, enjoying reading through older posts. This cocktail sounds so refreshing. Have to look for this vodka. I love cukes, I have been drinking water with slices of cucumber, lemon and mint in it. xo

    ReplyDelete

Trip Advisor